OPERATIONS MANAGER / SUPERINTENDENT
Must have great knowledge about construction/building parking lots, roadways etc managing projects/great people skills. Experience on City of Ottawa projects is an asset.
We offer competitive salary & benefits, with opportunity for growth. We are a relatively small business, so the ability to work both individually and as part of a team is essential.
- Scheduling all crews, subcontractors and resources in an effective manner to meet project deadlines and completion dates.
- Oversee all construction operations to ensure all projects are built as per plans & specs
- Track extras, measure for payment
- Assist with invoicing
- Meet and coordinate with general contractors, subcontractors, utility locators, surveyors etc ahead of project start date
- Verify layout and grade prior to pouring concrete or paving
- Oversee safety ie: Make sure all staff are up to date on mandatory training, make sure Ontario Health & Safety Act is being followed etc.
- Attend Start-up meetings.
- Organize truck & equipment rentals daily for next day’s work.
- Order Asphalt & Aggregates for next day’s work
- Prepare Traffic & Pedestrian Control Plans
- Manage Site Staff
- Project Schedules
- Coordinate Maintenance / Manage fleet of equipment and trucks
- Must be able to manage up to 15 simultaneous projects (Some finishing, some starting, and everything in between).
- Fill out daily work orders for crews, print maps for drivers etc.